Civil Engineering Institute of Saint-Petersburg State Polytechnical University presents Section of Civil Engineering of XLII scientific and practical conference for students, graduate students and young scientists "Week of Science in SPbSPU".
The first "Week of Science" was held for students at the Polytechnical University in 1972, and the form of this event evolved through the decades. Today, the "Week of Science" is a grate scientific forum where students, graduate students and young scientists take part in every year.
Technical areas (according to codes 05.23.01 – 05.23.19 of Russian Nomenclature of scientific researchers' specialties)
- Building constructions, buildings and structures;
- Foundations, underground structures;
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, gas supply and illumination;
- Water supply, sewerage, construction of water-resources conservation;
- Building materials and construction products;
- Hydraulic engineering work;
- Building technology and organization;
- Design and construction of roads, subways, airports, bridges and tunnels;
- Fluid mechanics and engineering hydrology;
- Structural mechanicsж
- Environmental safety of civil engineering and municipal facilities.
Conference language, paper language
All accepted papers will be included in conference proceeding, and will be published in digital format on the CD. CDs will be distributed to all participants at their registration. All accepted papers will also be published in one of two our journals:
1. Well known in Russia "Magazine of Civil Engineering" (www.engstroy.spb.ru) publishes original research papers. The journal:
- is on the Russian State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles journal list, in which major academic results of PhD and Doctoral dissertation must be published;
- has the second highest impact factor in the Russian Science Citation Index among journals in the category "Construction and Architecture".
2. Our new journal "Construction of Unique Buildings and Structures" (www.unistroy.spb.ru) publishes original research papers; analytical reviews; information on new equipment, materials, equipment, technologies and the results of their practical application, educational materials for the civil engineering.
Both journals support the full-text open access to all articles on the Internet that extends by far their readership. Full-text access to the articles is also possible via the Scientific Electronic Library www.eLibrary.ru. Journals are included in the database Ulrich's Serials Analysis System, Directory of Open Access Journals, EBSCOhost, ProQuest, VINITI etc. All this increases the performance of the journals in the Internet and in the electronic library services.
Submission of papers
The required papers format is the same as in the journal "Construction of Unique Buildings and Structures". Please visit http://www.unistroy.spb.ru/autors.html to discover the required papers format.
All authors are asked to follow the guideline when preparing their papers.
We recommend volume of paper: from 10 000 to 20 000 symbols, including spaces.
To submit the papers visit page https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wos2013 and follow the instructions.
For further information do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have a chance of indirect participation in the conference. In this case you have to submit a paper according the terms above.
All papers could be published and the participation could be taken without any fee.
The costs of travel and accommodation paper presenters cover themselves. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the conference will be held in the northern part of the city, the nearest metro station Academicheskaya (5 min walk). In our opinion, the most pleasant places to
stay would be hotels in the historical part of the city centre nearby any metro station underground for the reason that it is the fastest way to get around the city.
Some papers will be published in the framework of projects:
- South-East Finland - Russia European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument 2007-2013, project 2011-091-SE631 “Efficient Energy Management - EFEM”.